Also full CV is available in pdf format.
- Ph.D in Computational Science, Engineering & Mathematics, The University of Texas at Austin, USA, 2018
- M.Sc. in IT, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2009
- B.Sc. in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Kazakhstan, 2006
Numerical modeling: domain decomposition, discretization schemes, multiscale methods, a posteriori and a priorri error analysis, robust and efficient solution algorithms.
- Graduate School Summer Fellowship, the University of Texas at Austin, 2018
- Texas Applied Math & Eng Symposium (TAMES) Best Poster Award, USA, 2017
- Research Experience Carbon Sequestration Program Award, USA, 2017
- SIAM Travel Award, USA, 2017
- CIME-Foundation and CIRM Grant, Italy, 2016
A priori error analysis for transient problems using Enhanced Velocity approach in the discrete-time setting
"Amanbek, Y., & Wheeler, M. (2018). A priori error analysis for transient problems using Enhanced Velocity approach in the discrete-time setting. arXiv preprint arXiv:1812.04809."
A posteriori error estimates for Enhanced Velocity MixedFEM for flow problems in heterogeneous porous media
Amanbek, Y., Singh, G., Pencheva, G. and Wheeler, M.F. "A posteriori error estimates for Enhanced Velocity MixedFEM for flow problems in heterogeneous porous media(in preparation)."
Amanbek, Y., Singh, G., Wheeler, M. F. and Duijn, H. "Adaptive Numerical Homogenization for Upscaling Single Phase Flow and Transport", ICES Report, 12 (17). (submitted)
Singh, G., Amanbek, Y. and Wheeler, M. F. "Adaptive Homogenization for Upscaling Heterogeneous Porous Medium" SPE-187113-MS, SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Oct 9-11, 2017, San Antonio, Texas.
Adaptive multiscale method on flow and reactive transport using numerical homogenization and Enhanced Velocity Mixed FEM
presentation at Texas Applied Mathematics and Engineering Symposium, The University of Texas at Austin, Texas, USA
presentation at Finite Element Rodeo, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
presentation at SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (CSE17), Atlanta, Georgia, USA
presentation at Finite Element Rodeo, Texas A&M, College Station, Texas, USA
- Leader of the Nazarbayev University Team at 19th and 20th International Mathematics Competition for University Students, Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria 2012 and 2013
- Organized selection process with Professors from different schools.
- Mentored students during preparation, coordinated the process team trip and performance of team.
- As result, the most participations were awarded with medals.